Re: Information on P2 in Highschool Chemistry Labs

"Laboratory Waste Minimization and Pollution Prevention, A Guide for Teachers", Battelle, March 1996.  A copy was available at [ http://www.p2pays.org/ref/01/text/00779/ch01.htm ].

There's an outstanding book available from CRC Press:  "Pollution Prevention and Waste Minimization in Laboratories" by P.A. Reinhardt, K.L. Leonard, and P.C. Ashbrook (CRC Press, 1996; ISBN 0-87371-975-1).

>>> <Buxbaum.Diane@epamail.epa.gov> 03/08/01 02:04PM >>>
Does anyone have anything more recent that the 1989 document that is
referred to in this series of emails?  If you do, please contact me, and
Teresa Ippolito of Region 2, as well as Janet Sapadin.

Thanks

Diane D. Buxbaum, MPH
US Environmental Protection Agency, Region 2
Compliance Assistance and Program Support Branch
290 Broadway, 21st Floor, East
New York, New York 10007
212-637-3919 (fax 212-637-4086)

Please respond to this for me.  Thanks.

----- Forwarded by John Gorman/R2/USEPA/US on 03/08/01 07:10 AM -----

                    Teresa
                    Ippolito             To:     Grace Musumeci/R2/USEPA/US@EPA, John
                                         Gorman/R2/USEPA/US@EPA
                    03/07/01 10:58       cc:     janetsapadin@mindspring.com
                    AM                   Subject:     Re: P2 or Children's Health request
                                         (Document link: John Gorman)

Grace
 have an e-mail out to a colleague who mentors for Board of Ed and is
involved with chem lab safety issues.
I will forward reply soon as I get something.
Meanwhile...I know that there are RCRA inspections scheduled for colleges
and that the labs are one of the places they look. For this reason,. I am
copying John Gorman on this message..perhaps he can give you some info.
John..
any pertinent info  you can forward for Janet?
Terry

ps...hi Janet!!!  ti

                    Grace
                    Musumeci             To:     Marcia Seidner/R2/USEPA/US@EPA, Teresa
                                         Ippolito/R2/USEPA/US@EPA
                    03/06/01             cc:     janetsapadin@mindspring.com
                    07:50 AM             Subject:     P2 or Children's Health request

Hi.  Can either of you help Janet out with her request?  Thanks.

----- Forwarded by Grace Musumeci/R2/USEPA/US on 03/06/01 07:55 AM -----

                    Janet Sapadin
                    <janetsapadin@minds        To:     Grace Musumeci/R2/USEPA/US@EPA
                    pring.com>                 cc:
                                               Subject:     P2 or Children's Health request
                    03/05/01 06:21 PM

Hi Grace - I thought EPA had done P2 work with high school chemistry labs
while I was there.  I looked on the Agency's P2 database and found a 1989
title, "Reduction of hazardous waste from high school chemistry
laboratories".  Not only couldn't I find anything more current, but when I
went to the Agency's online National Publications Catalogue, the '89
document didn't even show up.  Are you aware of any pamphlets, etc. in that
area (preferable more recent than '89), that I could order?    If there's
someone you'd prefer to pass my request on to, feel free.  Thanks.