From: Gonzalez, Raul [mailto:raulg@utep.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 1:46 PM
To: P2TECH (E-mail)
Subject: What are common sources of Mercury?

Folks:

A teacher inquired about possible sources of Mercury in schools and households. The ones I am familiar with are laboratories and thermometers, but there must be some other sources out there. Does anyone know of other sources of mercury in both households and schools?

Raul E. Gonzalez
Program Manager
Southwest Pollution Prevention Center
University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University--Burges Hall 4th floor
El Paso, TX  79902
Ph: (915) 747-6273
Fx: (915) 747-5437
E-mail: raulg@miners.utep.edu