DOE Workshop

  Forwarded on behalf of John Marchetti (US DOE)
Sorry for the cross-postings.

Just a reminder to make plans to attend the U.S. DEPT. OF

ENERGY (DOE) DEFENSE PROGRAMS 18TH BIANNUAL

POLLUTION PREVENTION HANDS-ON TRAINING

TECHNOLOGY WORKSHOP scheduled to be held May 1-3, 2001

in Novi (Detroit), Michigan.    This workshop will feature Mr. Excitement:

CAM METCALF!!!!

Whether you're looking for innovative ideas to improve your current

P2 program, guidance on implementing an environmental

management system (EMS), or information about sustainable

business practices, this workshop is for you. The excellent lineup

of speakers brings a tremendous amount of experience and

expertise to our talks, discussions, and group exercises: the

industry tours include the nation's top automotive manufacturers

and their suppliers, as well as a nuclear power plant. It's not often

that one gets the opportunity to tour facilities such as these, so

don't pass this one up!

Topic groups and corresponding hosts include:

DaimlerChrysler Corp. - Life Cycle Management

Fermi 2 Nuclear Power Plant - Environmental Management

Systems

Ford Motor Co. - Sustainable Development (Rouge Plant)

General Motors - Design for Environment

Lear Corp. - Continual Environmental Improvement

March Coatings - Employee Awareness Tools

Bonus features of some of the tours will include automotive

manufacturer's paint shops and energy efficiency measures taken

in manufacturing facilities. For further details, call the workshop

organizers at 423-543-5422.

As always, there is no registration fee, but we request that you

register by April 2, 2001. On-line registration, as well as a faxable

form, is available on the workshop website

(http://www.dp.doe.gov/dp45/p2/detroit/).

This workshop will be directed primarily toward DOE and contractor

personnel who are actively involved in daily operations at DOE

laboratories and production facilities, although representatives from

other government agencies may attend if space permits. (Past and

current industry hosts are also invited.)

For more information about this workshop, visit our website

(http://www.dp.doe.gov/dp45/p2/detroit/) or call the organizers at

423-543-5422.
John Marchetti (US DOE)

This message was sent by: