Realtime web metering of resource use of a school district!

This website is simply the neatest thing I have seen in a long time to raise community awareness about resource use.  Watch the Kent (WA) School District Resource Conservation Program's "Real-Time Resource Consumption Meter" keep a running tally of the kilowatt hours of electricity used by the district, the cubic feet of natural gas used, the gallons of water used, and the gallons of garbage produced, and the cost to the district.  The Kent School District is located in the city of Kent, just south of Seattle.  It is hypnotic to watch the dollars keep ticking up!  I am sure that most large companies and other governments would benefit from just the same sort of application, it sure does remind you that waste costs money!  The rest of the website is great too, very impressive for a school district to run.

http://www.kent.k12.wa.us/KSD/FP/CO/