[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Realtime web metering of resource use of a school district!
- Subject: Realtime web metering of resource use of a school district!
- From: "Burton Hamner" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:32:47 -0800
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: p2tech
- Reply-To: "Burton Hamner" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This website is simply the neatest thing I have
seen in a long time to raise community awareness about resource use. Watch
the Kent (WA) School District Resource
Conservation Program's "Real-Time Resource Consumption Meter" keep a running
tally of the kilowatt hours of electricity used by the district, the cubic feet
of natural gas used, the gallons of water used, and the gallons of garbage
produced, and the cost to the district. The Kent School District is
located in the city of Kent, just south of Seattle. It is hypnotic to
watch the dollars keep ticking up! I am sure that most large companies and
other governments would benefit from just the same sort of application, it sure
does remind you that waste costs money! The rest of the website is great
too, very impressive for a school district to run.