Re: Two separate questions - P2 Videos and Paint Booth Filters

Deborah,

Order our 1999 auto and fleet videos from www.epa.gov/region09/p2/autofleet
- call the 800 number listed

Send me your address and I'll send you our 1998 metal finishing dragout
training video (also covers conductivity control meters and reverse osmosis
technologies).

Leif Magnuson
Pollution Prevention Coordinator
US EPA Region IX, WST-7
75 Hawthorne St.
San Francisco, CA  94105
Tel (415) 744-2153
Fax (415) 744-1680
magnuson.leif@epa.gov
www.epa.gov/region09/p2

                    "MacCormac, Deborah"
                    <Deborah.MacCormac@dep.st        To:     p2tech@great-lakes.net
                    ate.fl.us>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                         Subject:     Two separate questions - P2 Videos  and
                    owner-p2tech@great-lakes.        Paint Booth Filters
                    net

                    04/04/2001 07:41 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "MacCormac, Deborah"

Question 1
I am looking for any and all current P2 Videos, for client educational
purposes. Have found nothing later than 1992 vintage. Does anyone know
of any new P2 videos produced within the last 4 years?

Question 2
Disposal dilemma.
Does anyone know of an efficient method for disposing of bulky & awkward
used
paint booth filters? There are several types apparently. The long flat
blanket-like filters, that clients roll up like jelly rolls, slide into
plastic drum liner bags and either stuff into 55 gallon drums for disposal
or
throw into 20 to 40 cu.yd,roll out bins for pick up. There are smaller
pouch
filters attached to rectangular metal frames, which the client either
crushes
and stuffs into drums or cuts the fabric away from the frame, recycles the
frame and disposes the fabric as above. TCLP testing of filters may reveal
that they are non-hazardous in some cases. Either way the volume
of waste created is disconcerting even with compacting technology. To see
these huge light weight wads of cotton batton type material stuffed into
steel drum is very frustrating indeed. They just has to be a better way!
Please help.