[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Bioremediation or inorganic treatment?
- Subject: Bioremediation or inorganic treatment?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:22:00 -0500
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Name: p2tech
- Organization: K-State Research & Extension
- Reply-To: email@example.com
I'm dealing with a manufacturer that has a waste stream with high
nitrites and nitrates. Can anyone advise on a biodegradation (bug)
system/vendor this company might use in their wastewater ponds
(permitted industrial ponds)? Their ponds were undersized and they
are looking at biotreatment to reduce the nitrate levels so that some
of this wastewater can be sent to their local POTW.
I would also like to know if there is a chemical WWT (wastewater
treatment) option here?
the wastewater stream is about 2500g/d, 4 days a week; wastewater
also has charcoal in it. Have looked at land application and
commercial WWT options already.
I will be working with this company on an alternative cleaning
process (dry cleanup for pre-clean) and ways to reduce contaminate
loading, so will be looking at P2 options.
If you have experience with de-nitrification systems please email me