Re: EMS and P2

Kelly,
The debate continues. I cannot be as poetic as Scott, but here are some thoughts.
ISO-14001 or an EMS can lead to P2. Now this is not always the case, but from the
work we have done with the MSWG Pilots and other firms we see this as a trend.
Check out some case studies at our EMS site:
http://www.p2pays.org/iso/casestudies.htm

It is basically the same as with any company. Some would rather use end of pipe
treatment and some will do P2...of course a few will want to fight it out in
court. <g>. What an EMS does is provide a systematic way to approach environmental
management. This includes doing an impact/aspect analysis, which can lead to P2.
This is the approach we preach. What we have found is that companies will take the
P2 route. When the MSWG project is complete it should show whither an EMS will
produce enhanced env. performance. Until then all we have are good stories.

--
Gary Hunt
Director

1639 Mail Service Center