wet vs dry sprinkler systems

A client wants to know if there are P2 benefits (mainly water conservation) to using dry fire sprinkler systems versus wet systems. She is concerned about evaporation from the wet systems. My research does not yield any information on evaporation. In fact, the increased corrosion that apparently occurs in "dry" systems may put it at the disadvantage. Any information about pros and cons re: wet vs dry sprinkler systems is appreciated. (My understanding is that dry systems are usually required by Code wherever there may be pipe freezing issues.)   L.B. Sandy Rock

--
L.B. Sandy Rock, MD, MPH
Pollution Prevention Resource Center