Re: P2 and Inspections

Judy -

We are doing exactly that in Illinois.  My agency, the Illinois Waste
Management & Research Center (a division of the IL Dept. of Natural
Resources, affiliated w/ U of I) is the P2 and research sister agency to
the Illinois EPA.  For the last year and a half we have been visiting
companies with the inspectors to identify P2 and coming into compliance
with P2 opportunities at businesses within Illinois, but focusing on the
Chicago area.

Deb Jacobson

At 01:40 PM 5/10/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I'm looking for examples (and results) where state or local governments
>have integrated pollution prevention into inspections of regulated
>facilities, either by having someone from the P2 program tagging along on
>media inspections, or by providing pollution prevention training to the
>inspectors.
>
>Thanks so much,
>
>Judy Dorsey
>The Brendle Group, Inc.