Re: Anyone know the chemicals in digital thermometers?

I have to ask the question. How much do mercury fever thermometers actually
contribute to the total mercury burden on the environment? Where do they
fit compared to, say, coal fired power plants? Does their elimination have
substantive impact on the environment?

Dan Kraybill
Waste Management and Research Center