Re: P2 software/checklists

See Davids' request below...

David, on our regional website we have P2 software (XL spreadhseets) for
conducting a P2 assessment at a metal finisher. Our web site is:
http://www.epa.gov/region09/cross_pr/merit/metal.html. The spreadhseet
software link is: http://www.epa.gov/region09/cross_pr/merit/p2assess.xls.

To facilitate the on-site collection of the data that goes into the
spreadsheet, I will also email you in a separate email seven MS Word files
of "data collection sheets".

Interested others, please respond and I will include you in the email of
the data collection sheets to David.

For a P2 checklist for platers, check with Robert Lundquist, Assistant
Director for MNTAP at lundq002@umn.edu. He recently drafted one that is now
being beta-tested.

Best Regards, and please let me know when and how these are successfully
applied.

Leif Magnuson
Pollution Prevention Coordinator
U.S. EPA Region IX, WST-7
75 Hawthorne St.
San Francisco, CA  94105
(415) 744-2153 Tel
(415) 744-1680 Fax
magnuson.leif@epa.gov
www.epa.gov/region09/p2

                    David Herb
                    <HERBDW@state.mi.u        To:     p2tech@great-lakes.net
                    s>                        cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     P2 software/checklists
                    owner-p2tech@great
                    -lakes.net

                    05/17/2001 06:33
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    David Herb

The following two requests have come my way.  Any assistance/information
that can be offered is greatly appreciated.

1.  Software programs that assist an individual in completing a pollution
prevention assessment of their facility.  The software should be available
free of charge or at a minimal cost.  The assessment can be generic or
industry specific (e.g. printers, dry cleaners, metal finishers, etc.).

2.  P2 checklists that have recently been developed or are recognized as
being especially well done.

David Herb
Technical Assistance Engineer
Pollution Prevention Section
MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Division
2nd Floor Town Center, 333 S. Capitol
P.O. Box 30457
Lansing, MI 48909-7957

Phone: 517-241-8176
Fax: 517-373-3675
Email: herbdw@state.mi.us

MDEQ - Environmental Assistance Center 800-662-9278
MDEQ - EAD Website http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ead/