how long does it take to ramp up a program

Title: how long does it take to ramp up a program

I am looking for information on how long it takes to ramp up programs that involve behavior change by businesses and consumer awareness of the programs.

In my case we are dealing with a business recognition/certification program.

How may years does it take before there is some public awareness and use of the program in purchasing decisions .

How many years does it take for a meaningful number of businesses to agree to  go through the certification process and make the needed changes.

How long does it take to produce some meaningful amount of environmental bang for the buck for such a program.

Thanks for your help

Freda

*****
Freda S. Tepfer
Pollution Prevention Senior Planner
Snohomish County Public Works Solid Waste Management
2930 Wetmore Ave S.101
Everett WA 98201-4044
425-388-6473 (voice)  425-259-4945 (fax)
freda.tepfer@co.snohomish.wa.us
www.envirostars.org/snohomish