Articles needed!

MnTAP is thinking of applying for support to assess the "Impacts of
Organizational Self Knowledge and Technical Assistance on Environmental
Performance".  I am wondering if anyone can direct me to articles, sources
of information, etc. that could answer the following questions:
1)  How does a regulated facility's knowledge of its operations affect
environmental performance?
2)  What are the implications for the effectiveness of technical assistance
programs?

Thanks for any ideas/references you may have!
Cindy

Cindy McComas, Director
MnTAP
University of Minnesota Gateway