project is to identify where relevant health and environmental information
gaps on alternative products exist and to evaluate studies that address
them.

You can find it at www.peerreview.com

John Katz
Pollution Prevention Coordinator
US EPA Region 9
75 Hawthorne Street, WST-7
San Francisco, CA  94105
415-744-2150
415-744-1680 (fax)
katz.john@epa.gov

                    Kirsten Sinclair
                    Rosselot                  To:     p2tech listserver <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
                    <rosselot@ix.netco        cc:
                    m.com>                    Subject:     ingredients in household cleansers
                    Sent by:
                    owner-p2tech@great
                    -lakes.net

                    07/01/2001 04:38
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    Kirsten Sinclair
                    Rosselot

I'm working on a project for the NRDC where the goal is to mount a web page
that people can visit in order to answer some questions about the
pesticides
and cleansers they use in their home (or pay to have used).  The website
will then calculate the visitor's personal toxicity score and give them
some
helpful tactics for reducing their score.  (Hopefully, the site will
eventually be expanded to include other home exposure items as well as
local
and global toxics.)

At any rate, in order to arrive at this personal toxicity score, we're
assigning the toxic ingredients found in cleansers and pesticides a value
that represents their degree of toxicity (a long story in and of itself).
I'm having a heck of a time relating these ingredients back to brand name
products.  Can anyone point me to a database of household cleansers and
their ingredients?  Cleansers have active ingredients listed by % on their
label, but I'm hoping we can find a comprehensive source for this
information.

Thanks a bunch.

-Kirsten

Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot, P.E.