From: Fine, Polagaya
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 8:00 AM
To: Tepfer, Freda
Subject: RE: UV coatings on magazine covers

I  had never heard that UV coatings were a problem.  The highest use for magazines has them collected separately and then pulped with newsprint as they have substantial value in the newsprint de-inking process but only if you can add in a known quantity.

I have no idea why UV coatings should be a problem.

Polagaya Fine
Senior Planner
Snohomish County Solid Waste Division
2930 Wetmore Ave, Ste 101