Re: P2 ROI / savings info - Office Paper

Tom

I have been working on 2 office paper reduction pilot projects.  Both pilot
projects confirmed what other studies have found -- the costs of using paper
far outweigh the cost of the paper itself.  A useful web site to check out
is the ReThink Paper site at http://www.rethinkpaper.org/index.html.  It was
developed by Earth Island Institute and contains lots of useful information
about paper and paper reduction.  Go to Toolbox - Paper Reduction -
Efficient Use to find a good article on paper efficiency by Bruce Nordman.
The article describes how to construct a Paper Usage and Cost Inventory that
includes the costs of using paper.  Once you have this information for a
given site, then you can calculate the ROI for various reduction activities.

Keep in mind that the Paper Usage and Cost Inventory presented by Mr.
Nordman does not include handling/labor costs associated with using paper.
If you are able to estimate these costs (not an easy task at all), the cost
of using paper rapidly skyrockets.

--
John Jaimez
Materials Productivity LLC