Official state definitions of EMS?

Hi, we are polishing up (actually revising mightily) the draft web page on
Resources for EMS on the Internet.  A question has come up:  Are there
official definitions of EMS now written into any state regulations?  Does
EPA or any part of EPA (which is more likely) have "official" definitions,
the kind of things lawyers might want to see?  I know EPA has provided
official guidance for defining an EMS in an enforcement action
(es.epa.gov/oeca/oceft/neic/pubs1.html).  What about state agencies, have
any agencies written an official definition of an EMS?  If you have a
citation or better a web reference that would be great.  Thanks, this all
goes into the P2RX pot.
Burton Hamner
www.cleanerproduction.com
Seattle, WA