Recovery or disposal?

Marilyn,
I do not have knowledge of this technique, but I do have a comment. Silver recovery units capture silver that can be reused and the effluent is relatively benign and can be easily managed by waste water treatment facilities. Capturing silver in a solid and throwing it in the garbage seems like a "dilution is the solution" approach. Silver recovery is cheap and can be easily managed by most small operations...they get credit back for the silver that is recovered and don't have waste disposal costs. Why choose an option (solidification) that doesn't have any environmental benefit? We just have to get beyond these types of "easy" disposal solutions!

Pat Gallagher
Los Alamos National Laboratory