[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Recycling used thinner
- Subject: Recycling used thinner
- From: "Judith Wlodarczyk" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:51:47 -0400
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: p2tech
- Reply-To: "Judith Wlodarczyk" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have a client company that is interested in recycling used thinner from a
solvent-based paint gun cleaner. They are looking for a unit
that is closed looped, emits no VOCs, and results in clean lacquer thinner for
re-use and solids that would be handled as hazardous waste. A completely closed
loop unit will exempt them from RCRA permitting issues, but the burden of proof
will be on us.
The company currently uses the thinner to clean the pain guns and the resulting
thinner and solids) is disposed of as hazardous waste. As you know, this
will result in a benefical re-use of the thinner and reduction in haz. waste.
Does anyone have experience with this type of unit or can recommend a unit that
we should investigate?
Thanks for any ideas you can provide.
Environmental Management Specialist