From: Kevin Dick [mailto:dick@unr.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 3:14 PM
To: p2@ucsd.edu; p2tech@great-lakes.net
Cc: Kgiesche@simivalley.org
Subject: Fw: Styrene

I received a request to forward this to these listservs from a non-listserv
subscriber.  In addition to a listserv reply please reply directly to:

Kevin Gieschen
 805 583-6462
Kgiesche@simivalley.org

> I am working with a bathtub/spa manufacturer that  uses gelcoat and
fiberglass to manufacture these products. There is an odor (assumed health)
problem with their manufacturing and curing processes. The odor is from
primarily the styrene. The question is does anyone have experience/examples
of P2 techniques (IE product substitution etc.) that would reduce or
eliminate these chemicals? They have activated carbon control on 3 of their
4 stacks, but the real problem is the chemicals and what is being  emitted
into and outside of the building .