Fwd: Ford Recall and Rubber Markets

Forwarded From Paul Reusch, US EPA
 Andy Acho from Ford Motor Company asked me to pass along the information
 that Ford is trying to use this recall as an opportunity to drive markets
 for non-fuel markets for scrap tires.  In that spirit, Ford would like to
 partner with interested parties to build rubberized asphalt roads or
 install rubberized playgrounds.  They are currently assisting with the
 construction of a parking lot at the new Detroit Lions training facility,
 as well as other large scale projects including state roads in the
 southwest.  He indicated that Ford is willing to discuss actually
 subsidizing the cost of the rubber for such projects.  If you know of any
 projects currently under consideration that may benefit from this
 opportunity, please get in touch with either Andy Acho (aacho@ford.com or
 313/337-1396) or Thomas Niemann (tniemann@ford.com or 313/323-8074) at Ford
 as soon as possible, and refer to this e-mail message.

 If you are interested in learning more about how Ford is handling the scrap
 tires from the recall, shoot me and e-mail.
 Paul Ruesch
 U.S. EPA Region 5
 Waste Management Division
 77 W. Jackson Blvd. (DW-8J)