[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS: Promoting Sustainability through Innovati veProduct and Process Development / AIChE Spring National Meeting, March 10-14,2002 - New Orleans, LA
- Subject: SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS: Promoting Sustainability through Innovati veProduct and Process Development / AIChE Spring National Meeting, March 10-14,2002 - New Orleans, LA
- From: "Butner, Robert S" <butner@BATTELLE.ORG>
- Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 09:02:31 -0700
- Cc: "Jan Dell (E-mail)" <jdell@CH2M.com>,"John Carberry (E-mail)" <email@example.com>
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: p2tech
- Reply-To: "Butner, Robert S" <butner@BATTELLE.ORG>
Please excuse any cross-postings.
Many companies have realized the benefits of innovative product design
and the implementation of eco and energy-efficient processes that
reduce costs, increase value and reduce environmental impacts. In many
these benefits extend not only to the manufacturer, but to the customer as
via the concept of Product Stewardship.
The Environmental Division of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers
pleased to continue its technical programming related to Sustainability,
Product Stewardship, and Supply Chain Management, by sponsoring a
symposium session on "Promoting Sustainability through Innovative Product
and Process Development." The session(s) will be presented as part of the
AIChE's Spring National Meeting, March 10-14, 2002 in New Orleans, LA.
You are cordially invited to submit a proposal to present for These sessions
will be comprised of speakers from industry that will present their firm's
experience, current programs and future plans in the following areas:
1. Product Stewardship: including Design for the Environment (DfE),
Extended Product Responsibility (required take-back programs), products that
are engineered to be biodegradable when that is appropriate or to be of
extended service life and then recycled or reused, and use of Life Cycle
Approach to design products
2. Supply Chain Strategies: working with customers and suppliers to
minimize the environmental footprint of manufacturing.
3. The drive toward zero waste and zero emissions of regional toxics or
global pollutants such as ozone depletors or PBTs.
4. Innovative energy technologies and applications and Climate Neutral
Authors interested in presenting a paper at this session should contact the
(contact information below) or submit their "proposal to present"
electronically via the AIChE web site, at
Jan Dell, P.E.
Director, Sustainable Manufacturing, CH2M Hill
3 Hutton Centre Dr., Suite 200
Santa Ana, CA, 92707
DuPont Experimental Station E302/208
Wilmington, DE 19880-0302