From: Kirsten Koepsel [mailto:kkoepsel@arri.uta.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 2:20 PM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Needing statistics for Al and paper recycling

One and all,

I am looking for some statistics for paper, aluminum cans and paperboard
recycling efforts. I have several companies that have on-site recycling of
the
above 3 materials.

They are interested in the following statistics-what does recycling a pound
of
each of the materials do? ie for every pound of aluminum cans recycled, x
amount of ore are not drilled, x gallons of oil saved, x kilowatt hours of
electricity are saved, x amount of trees not cut down, etc.

I have looked at the sites for aluminum can and paperboard recycling but
neither list any kind of statistic that is useful other than we now recycle
~65
% of all aluminum cans made.

The companies would like the info to show their employees just what effect
they can have on the environment by recycling these wastes.

Kirsten
Kirsten M. Koepsel
Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center
7300 Jack Newell Blvd., South