Re: Solid waste reduction programs

Two places to start are the Transport Packaging section of
http://wrrc.p2pays.org/industry/indsector.htm and
http://web.indstate.edu/recycle/caselist.html

We recently assessed a few dozen industrial sites for
source reduction opportunities and barriers and I'd be
happy to speak with you.

--- Patricia Gallagher <patg@lanl.gov> wrote:
> P2 techies:
>
> I am looking for information on source reduction
> strategies (not recycling)
> for solid waste.  Waste types include binders, catalogs,
> packaging
> (peanuts, Styrofoam, cardboard, paper), beverage
> containers, plastics, wood
> pallets, and food wastes.
>
> We have recycling pathways developed for many of these
> waste streams, but
> we are looking for source reduction approaches to achieve
> fairly aggressive
> reduction goals.

=====
David Jaber				djaber@natlogic.com
Natural Logic				510-849-5467
www.natlogic.com

 Software / Strategy / Systems for Competitive Advantage
      through Exceptional Environmental Performance