Tellus Institute & EPA Environmental Accounting Project

Dear Ralph,

I beg to disagree.

There has been recent very strong surge of interest internationally on the topic
of Env. Management Accounting (EMA) because folks are realizing that EMA (as the
international community defines it) can help provide the the cost data as well
as the materials/energy flow data needed not only for P2 but for many other
environmental management initiatives such as EMS, DfE, Env. Supply Chain
Management, and others.  ALL of these initiatives require data, much (tho not
all) of which) EMA can help provide.

Numerous examples from many different countries exist, as will be illustrated on
the new international EMA website that will be launched before the end of the
year.  I hope you will be willing to review the website at that time and perhaps
consider changing your opinion!

In any case - I do share your wish that we lived in a world where environmental
outcomes were not so dependent on economic outcomes.....

Best Regards,

Deborah Savage
Senior Scientist, Tellus Institute
Director, EMARIC