Re: Tellus Institute & EPA Environmental Accounting Project

What is "the whole point of P2"?  What purpose is there to reducing pollution outside the scope of the regulatory framework?

Mark C. Stoddard
Compliance & Technical Assistance Program
317-233-1039
http://www.state.in.us/idem/ctap
mstoddar@dem.state.in.us

"Not knowing when the dawn will
come, I open every door."
Emily Dickinson

>>> "Ralph Cooper" <cooperre@flash.net> 11/05/01 12:59PM >>>
My response is that environmental accounting is a good idea that has
outlived any possible utility.  We should spend more effort on doing P2 than
on figuring out whether we are saving or making money at it.  By my view,
fine point penciling the economics of P2 misses the whole point of P2.
Reducing pollution should not be dependent on how much it saves us.

Ralph E. Cooper, Ph.D.
Mediator, Attorney & Counselor at Law
9901 IH-10 West, Suite 800
San Antonio, TX 78230