RE: Mercury Collections

Marlyn,

We had state-wide thermometer exchanges in Florida in 1999 and 2000.  I wrote
a report on the 1999 exchange that discusses many of the logistical details.
I'll send this and a shorter report on the 2000 exchange in a direct e-mail
(they are ~ 1 mb together).

Also, if you haven't seen it already, NEWMOA has a site listing many mercury
reduction projects
(http://www.newmoa.org/prevention/mercury/programs/index.cfm) which might be
handy for additional leads.

Finally, the Florida P2 web page has the newsletters regarding the exchanges.
The can both be found here:
http://www8.myflorida.com/environment/publications/wastemanagement/p2/newslet
ter.htm
They are the mercury issues of Septembers 1999 and 2000.

Good luck!

John Scarboro, P.E.
Pollution Prevention Program
4800 Blair Stone Road, MS 4570