Re: solvent for gripper installation

>Aromatic compounds such as toluene actually do expand the plastic by
infiltrating between the molecules.   Soaps will not perform the same.
Aliphatic solvents such as mineral spirits may also not work, ie they will
not expand the plastic like an aromatic solvent.   Try the suggestions of a
lubricant with heating and see if it works.   You should determine if over
time the lubricant reacts with the plastic and causes deterioration of the
plastic.