help finding P2 and waste management tracking programs

I am writing a column (Practical Waste Management) for the Environmental
Quality Management Journal and have mentioned the value of tracking an
industry's waste streams.  I have listed a few generic database programs
such as Access, Excel, Lotus, DBase, etc. that could be used.

I want to also list some specific software applications for tracking waste
streams.  I remember many of you listing your favorite from time to
time.  Could you send me your favorite(s) and where to obtain a copy (free
to public or nominal cost only, please).  I will list all of the applicable
ones that you send me in my column.

Steve Hillenbrand
Chief Manager
Process & Prevention Services, LLC