Re: P2 Guidance

Diane,

U.S. EPA's proposed Metal Products and Machinery (MP&M) Effluent Guidelines (pretreatment rule) under the CWA offers a "Pollution Prevention Compliance" alternative.

Our website offers some details on proposed MP&M rule the P2 alternative.
http://www.epa.state.oh.us/opp/mpm.html

Jeff

Jeff Lewis
Ohio EPA/Office of Pollution Prevention
Lazarus Government Center
P.O. Box 1049
Columbus, Ohio 43216-1049
jeff.lewis@epa.state.oh.us
phone:  614.644.2812
fax:  614.644.2807

>>> <Buxbaum.Diane@epamail.epa.gov> 11/15/01 12:08PM >>>
Does anyone have any information that can answer the question posed to
me as stated below? Any good internet references?

diane

Diane Buxbaum, USEPA Region 2, NY, NY

I am looking for any EPA guidance on Pollution Prevention vs. Back-end
control, specifically is P2 a preferred method of obtaining compliance
and is there any flexibility offered when P2 is the chosen method of
compliance, particularly in the area of pretreatment under the CWA.

Thank you for your assistance.