SEC & Sen. Jefford's Greenhouse Gas Bill

I am researching corporate financial environmental accounting and the US SEC
enforcement of departures from SEC Reg. S-K for filing of significant
environmental material expenses to stakeholders.

A 1998 EPA study found that 74 percent of publicly-traded companies had
failed to adequately disclose the existence of environmental legal
proceedings in their 10-K registration requirements as mandated by the
Securities and Exchange Commission.
http://www.pollutiononline.com/read/nl20010515/427844

In October 2001 the EPA launched a campaign for corporate environmental
accounting under US SEC Regulation S-K.
http://es.epa.gov/oeca/ore/sec.pdf

Does anyone know of any NGO support for the attached Senator Jefford's
proposed draft
bill to have corporations file the financial impact of their greenhouse gas
emission performance on their quarterly and annual SEC 10-Q & 10-K filings
under SEC Regulation S-K?

And can you tell me if there are any environmental organizations currently
campaigning
for enforcement of corporate financial environmental performance to
stakeholders under SEC Regulation S-K?

Thank you for your prompt response to my inquiries.

Best Wishes,
Donald Sutherland
Member of the Society of Environmental Journalists
donaldsutherland-iso14000@worldnet.att.net
phone: 508-497-3676