Roller and Platen Washes

Listees,

I am working with a local business that performs repairs on typewriters.  They are looking for an alternative solvent to remove ink from the typewriter's platens and roller.  They are currently using a solvent that is 50% perchloroethylene and @40% aliphatic solvent.

I have conducted some research using SAGE and the P2 tech archives.  However, I have not located any recommendations specific to this application.  Any recommendations or sources of information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris Schroeder, Environmental Engineer
Environmental Health Division
441-6272