Re: Effluent Trading?

Burt,  Yes our P2 team sponsored effluent trading in Idaho.   We now
have a staff person (Claire Schary 206 553-8514) whose life rotates
around the notion.  Currently, she is in Asia, but will be back in
January.  I'd talk with her.  Thanks for all of your valuable postings
Burt.  We appreciate your work!

Carolyn Gangmark
R10 EPA P2 Program
(206) 553-4072

                    Burton Hamner
                    <bhamner@cleanerprodu        To:     p2tech <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
                    ction.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Effluent Trading?
                    owner-p2tech@great-la
                    kes.net

                    12/12/2001 02:14 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Burton Hamner

Hi!  Does anyone have info on effluent trading as a way to promote
wastewater pollution prevention?  I have heard a bit here and there
about it.  It seems a fascinating idea that would by necessity be
managed at the local level.  The pending EPA standards on Total Maximum
Daily Loading are starting to get municipal folks worked up, and
effluent trading seems like it might be a handy approach for water P2.
Please let me know if you have any info or sources, I am helping design
a workshop and this might be something we would feature.  Thanks very
much.

Burt Hamner