Re: risk assessment and P2

I agree completely with you, Rob. Well stated. This has been my experience
also. When the true costs and risks are considered in all competing
scenarios, P2 options either look good or they don't, but the process is
fair and unbiased.

Don't forget that a P2 project is only one option for a company to consider
when doling out its scarce resources. If a risk assessment and a financial
analysis show a P2 project to be the best option for the firm, then chances
are high (but not 100%) that this is the project that gets approved-much
higher than if you or I take a subjective "its the right thing to do"
approach. Remember, the decision maker has a dozen people whispering in his
ear "Its the right thing to do! Its the right thing to do!".

Warren