Re: flat-panel monitors

Susan,
EPA's Design for the Environment Program is working on a life cycle
project that compares flat panel displays with CRT s.  I believe some
info is on the web site www.epa.gov/dfe.  If you need more help, you can
contact me by return email.

                    Susan Voss
                    <suvoss@lanl.gov>         To:     p2tech@great-lakes.net
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    owner-p2tech@great        Subject:     flat-panel monitors
                    -lakes.net

                    01/03/2002 02:24
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    Susan Voss

Hello everyone,

Here at LANL we use several brands and models of flat-panel monitors for

our computers. In general, once the useful life of these items is over,
we
recycle them. Ideally, we would like to purchase non-hazardous flat
panel
monitors; we also need to document the hazardous/non-hazardous profile
of
products.

We are seeking TCLP information for flat panel monitors. We have not
been
able to obtain TCLP information from manufacturers; in fact many
manufacturers state that they do not perform TCLP analysis on their
products. Has anyone had any luck obtaining TCLP information from major
computer manufacturers on flat-panel monitors? Know of any
studies/websites
on this issue by other groups? Know of any well-documented flat panel
monitors that can be purchased?

Thank you in advance for your help

Susan J. Voss
Division E-ESO