[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Gas or Electric
- Subject: Gas or Electric
- From: "Thomas Vinson" <TVINSON@tnrcc.state.tx.us>
- Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 11:14:26 -0600
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: p2tech
- Reply-To: "Thomas Vinson" <TVINSON@tnrcc.state.tx.us>
Which do you think is better for the environment overall. A gas mower, or an electric mower.
While I believe it is electric, a colleague of mine believes that the loss in efficiency due to transfer means that the electric utility company has to burn more fuel to power the mower. This loss in efficiency could offset the benefit of having a controlled emission.
I suppose it also depends on the fuel at the plant, and wether the mower has a catalytic converter.
We both agree a push mower is a great alternative, though neither of us will actually get out and use it. Push mowers also have a "waist" minimization effect.
TNRCC - Pollution Prevention
PO Box 13087
Austin, Tx 78711-3087