Re: Fwd: under utilization of voluntary programs

Dear Sherry,

One of the best discussions of the effectiveness of voluntary programs is:

Harrison, K. 1998.  "Talking with the donkey: Cooperative approaches to environmental protection" Journal of Industrial Ecology. 2(3): 51-72.  Available at <http://mitpress.mit.edu/JIE>, click on "sample articles."

The classic prescriptive analysis of what should go into a voluntary agreement can be found at:

NGD (New Directions Group). 1997.  Criteria and principles for the use of voluntary or non-regulatory initiatives to achieve environmental policy objectives. Available at http://www.newdirectionsgroup.org/projects/voluntary.php.

Good luck with your work.

Reid Lifset