From: Gary Miller [mailto:gmiller@wmrc.uiuc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 10:04 AM
To: David Herb; p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: Broad Based P2 Vendor Databases

There is a vendor/suppliers database on PNEAC at www.pneac.org.  It is
obviously focused on the printing industry.  We (WMRC) worked on the
Vendinfo database for USEPA.  It has not been updated in several years due
to lack of funding.  Without the ability to update it we have been trying
to get it removed from the web site.

The larger question is how much value and use do vendor/equipment databases
have?  It takes a fair amount of work to keep them current.  Use of
Vendinfo remains fairly strong despite its limitations.  The PNEAC
directory is very popular.  Yet many of our technical staff use the Thomas
registry and don't find these databases all that valuable.  Comments?

Gary Miller

At 10:13 AM 2/13/02 -0500, David  Herb wrote:

>Are there other broad based, on-line, vendor databases of P2 equipment
>than those listed below?
>
>Iowa Waste Reduction Center - P2 vendor database
>http://www.iwrc.org/vendor/Reports.cfm
>
>Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center - vendor database
>http://www.kppc.org/Publications/Print_Materials/recyclers/index.cfm
>
>Pollution Prevention Equipment Program (PPEP) database
>http://206.20.178.3/p2/
>
>US EPA Vendor Information Database (VendInfo)
>http://es.epa.gov/vendors/index.html
>
>Waste Reduction Resource Center - Vendor Library
>http://wrrc.p2pays.org/nframe.asp?page=vendor.asp
>
>(also MnTAP Vendor Equipment & Services fact sheets)

Gary D. Miller, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
Waste Management and Research Center
Illinois Department of Natural Resources
One East Hazelwood Drive
Champaign, Illinois 61820
217/333-8942 (phone)
217/333-8944 (fax)