RE: Staples Refused to Take Old Computers RE: STAPLES STORES WILL TAKE OLD COMPUTERS FOR REUSE AND RECYCLING FEB. 17 & 18 2002

No problems dropping off old computer systems for recycling at a North
Seattle STAPLES store in Washington State on Monday Feb. 18.  They also
accepted a lone monitor - tho earlier, over the phone, they'd stuck to the
"complete systems only" line.

The store had what looked like 20 or more computer systems dropped off just
that afternoon - and said even more were accepted all day Sunday and again
on Monday morning.

In looking for ways to "spend $100 to save $20" at the store, I noticed a
line of scissors with recycled plastic handles - but was put off by the
"permanent antibacterial coating" feature.  No plain old
recycled-and-uncoated option.  Is that a practical/philosophical oxymoron
that would only torment Deep Ecologists?  (If so, I guess I'm one...)

Cathy Buller
Pacific NW Pollution Prevention Resource Center (PPRC)
513 First Avenue W., Seattle, WA 98119
ph 206-352-2050; fax 206-352-2049
cbuller@pprc.org
www.pprc.org