Re: Road Kill

I'm guessing there are infection control public health issues which is why
the State wants road kill incinerated; to cheaply, easily obliterate any
potentially  infectious pathogens.  Unless every dead critter is tested, one
does not know what it carries and anything else that eats it, comes in
contact with any of its bodily fluids, could become infected or a carrier of
whatever.

Trust me on this - the potential for infection and spread is a public health
concern.

There is a strong movement to have zero incineration of anything, but until
the efficacy, and associated costs of non-incineration technologies are
regulated for potentially infectious wastes (including humans) -
incineration is what most US State Department of Health offices prefer to
use - antiquated and problematic as that technology may be. -Stephanie

              Stephanie C. Davis
       WASTE REDUCTION REMEDIESSM
                510/527-8864
  ScD18@WasteReductionRemedies.com

On Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays I can regularly be found at :

      Sutter Delta Medical Center
Quality Management / Infection Control
3901 Lone Tree Way,  Antioch, CA 94509
           DavisSt@sutterhealth.org
phone:      925-756-1118      fax:     925-779-3044

 Where I am the Infection Control Coordinator,
         work which is separate from WRR
 "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please."
 Mark Twain, 1835-1910