Re: Cold Storage Facilities

I'd be surprised if you  can't find what you need in the 1998 ASHRAE
Refrigeration handbook, description here:
http://www.ashrae.org/BOOK/hbref.htm
TOC here
http://www.ashrae.org/BOOK/refhbtoc.htm

each chapter has a contact/author name to ask if the info given is
insufficient

available in your local engineering library

********************************
Richard Yoder, PE
Director, P2ric.org
1313 Farnam St.   Ste. 230
Omaha, NE  68182

402-595-2381
fax: 402-595-2385
ryoder@unomaha.edu
http://www.p2ric.org
http://nbdc.unomaha.edu

                    "Callahan, Mike"
                    <Mike.Callahan@Jac       To:     'P2Tech' <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
                    obs.com>                 cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Cold Storage Facilities
                    owner-p2tech@great
                    -lakes.net

                    02/21/02 04:40 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "Callahan, Mike"

Hi all,

I'm hitting a roadblock finding data and I thought someone out in P2tech
land might be able to help.  I'm looking for rough metrics as to energy and
water use for cold storage facilities used to hold fruits, vegetables, and
cut flowers.  I can account for general energy use (lights, HVAC, etc) and
employee water use (sanitary) but not process use (i.e., energy for
refrigeration and water for storage room wash-down).  I need this data to
establish a baseline for a planned facility so we can then evaluate the
cost-effectiveness of P2 options.  Any leads would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Mike Callahan, PE
Principal Chemical Engineer
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
1111 S. Arroyo Parkway
Pasadena CA 91105

information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.