RE: prevention methods for indoor mold growth

	What do you mean by  ADDED vapor barrier between insulation and
inside wall?  That is where the vapor barrier (usually polyethylene sheeting
[4 - 6 mils thick] ) is placed.  I suspect visquene is a trade name for
polyethylene.

	Note the vapor barrier is different from the weather barrier or rain
barrier.  The weather barrier goes on the outside wall between the siding
(vinyl, clapboards, shingles, shakes, etc.) and the sheathing (plywood,
chipboard, OSB, etc.).  This was tarpaper in the old days, and is still used
by some today.  Now the weather barrier is usually Tyvek or Typar.

	A vapor barrier is the number one thing you can do during
construction to prevent problems with mold, both inside the exterior walls
and on the interior face of exterior walls.
Peter T. Moulton
Division of Technical Services, Bureau of Remediation
State of Maine Department of Environmental Protection
State House Station #17
Augusta, ME  04333
tel. 207-287-8161			Fax. 207-287-7826
Peter.T.Moulton@state.me.us
case (upper or lower) does not matter on email address
http://www.state.me.us/dep