statistics on who creates pollution

One and all,

I am in the midst of writing a proposal and one of my co-writers put in a
statement to the effect that

Small businesses are estimated to comprise over 40% of energy usage
and 45% of all industrial pollution

with no corresponding referece. It has now fallen on me to find a source
for this. I have searched on the EPA's website including the small business
but cannot find a general area that contains statistics on these areas. Is
there anyone who can point me in the direction on where to find this
information?
Thanks.

Kirsten
Kirsten M. Koepsel