Re: paying for electronics disposal

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with electronics disposal fees? A friend in North Carolina is looking for the following...

I'm looking for some quick advice on options for paying for alternative
disposal of electronics. The legislature here is willing to consider advance
disposal fees, as we do with white goods and tires, but there is a lot of
concern about the uneven application of these fees if imposed only on local
retailers or distributors (preferential advantage for online/out of state
vendors in a market with tight margins). Has anyone else done work
evaluating policy/legal options in this area?

thanks...

Richard Whisnant, Assoc. Prof. Public Law & Government
Director, Environmental Finance Center

Sarah M. Diefendorf
Executive Director
Environmental Finance Center, Region IX