P2AD

Forwarded on behalf of Colin Kiefer.  Please reply to Mr. Kiefer or p2tech @great-lakes.net.  Please do not hit the reply button.

Many small industrial and commercial businesses do not have the means to secure financing through personal assets for implementing measures to reduce pollution and resource use (i.e. water) beyond what is required by the EPA.  A Pre-qualification Loan Program could be a powerful tool or incentive for assisting these companies in implementing measures and technologies that can move them beyond regulatory limits via waste reduction and resource conservation.

P2AD is exploring the possibility of establishing such a loan program for the Geogia Metal Finishing Initiative and our evolving Pollution Prevention Partners recognition program.  I am interested in benchmarking other state efforts with using similar loan programs as an incentive for environmental improvement.

Please send an email to colin_kiefer@p2ad.org or call me at (404) 651 5128 if you have a similar program in place and would be willing to share your experiences.

Thank you,

M. Colin Kiefer
Pollution Prevention Engineer