Federal Gov. & National Drought

I am still researching the national drought crisis.

FEMA tells me they have never declared a drought emergency.

The Governors of Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland and the mayor of NYC have declared a drought emergency.

The Governors of Maine and New Jersey have approached the federal government to recognize their drought emergency state and requested assistance.

To my knowledge the federal government, Congress, and the President have not acknowledged the national drought emergency declared by several of the Governors of New England and the Mid Atlantic states.

Can this listservice tell me the precedent for this situation and its implications for state Department of Environmental Protection, Emergency Management Service, and Department of Health to protect the public and the environment?

Best Wishes,
Donald Sutherland
Member of the Society of Environmental Journalists
donaldsutherland-iso14000@worlnet.att.net