any evals of Green Star programs?

I am interested in any evaluations or analysis of the performance of Green Star programs including those in Alaska, Spokane and anywhere else.  These are programs based on voluntary participation and public recognition of businesses that get into P2 behaviors and activities.  I think these are great models and like to recommend them to policy types, but they always ask, "How do you know they work?"  Any published and thoughtful analysis of these programs would be very helpful to me, I am going to write a paper on this topic.  As always I will compile and post a digest of any useful responses.  Thanks!

Burt Hamner
www.cleanerproduction.com