Asphalt

Greetings, P2Techers:

My topic of the day is CO2 quantification for asphalt recycling.  In particular, I have a client that is claiming a  reductions in the use of 'virgin' asphalt oil by substituting recycled asphalt into their mixes.  Additionally, they are also claiming a reduction in landfilled material as the recycled asphalt is reused rather than disposed.

I checked with the EPA WasteWise program for a CO2 conversion factor on this topic, but it turns out that this is one area they have not yet addressed through "WARM" or otherwise.  Have any of you had other occasions to determine and/or use a CO2 conversion factor for a similar purpose involving asphalt?

Thanks again - jks

Julie Sieving
jsieving@yahoo.com
Yahoo!