[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RRties and food production?
- Subject: RRties and food production?
- From: Listman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:28:48 -0500
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-Name: p2tech
- Reply-To: Listman <email@example.com>
Forwarded on behalf of Ms. Davis. Please reply directly to
I had a question about growing foodstuffs in soil beneath an old
retaining wall (possibly installed 20 years ago) at a retirement
home. A resident is concerned about growing vegetables there, but is
worried about uptake of toxic substances into the food.
I wouldn't recommend this practice, but does anyone have a relevant
reference, for or against this practice, I can share with the
extension person placing this question?
There is still an oil film on rain water washing down this wall to
the soil in question; no tests have been done; it is a federally
Any information would be appreciated.
Sherry J. Davis, CHMM
Industrial P2 Specialist
133 Ward Hall,KSU
Manhattan, KS 66506-2508