[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sanding before 2nd coat on hard UV Cured Finish
- Subject: Sanding before 2nd coat on hard UV Cured Finish
- From: "Joseph F. Junker P.E., OSU" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:11:46 -0700
- Cc: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- List-Name: p2tech
- Reply-To: "Joseph F. Junker P.E., OSU" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Is it typical to have to sand between every coat of a UV cured finish on secondary wood products?
Our non profit center is helping a cabinet drawer and door manufacturer that has an incredible bottleneck and huge labor costs in their LOW-VOC UV finishing process..
They have come to the conclusion that in order to get good adhesion, they MUST sand off the hard top surface of a UV cured coating before adding additional coats. As some pieces are coated up to 3 times on both sides this adds up to a lot of labor and time in finishing, particularly as most of the sanding is done by hand with palm sanders. How are other facilities handling this?
Thanks for any input - Joe Junker
Joseph F. Junker P.E.
OSU Extension Manufacturing Specialist
Oregon State University, Extension Energy
344B Batcheller Hall, Corvallis, Oregon, USA 97331-2405
Voice: 541/737-5034 Fax: 541/737-5035